When it is time to have a new AC installed in your home, the first step is to ensure that you select a system that matches your specific needs. There are 4 main factors to consider in this process.
- Sizing Your Air Conditioner
- It’s important to perform a heat load calculation to make sure your new air conditioner is sized to your home’s exact specifications. This will ensure that your AC will efficiently and consistently heat your home.
- Efficiency Rating
- Balancing the cost of purchase and installation with the ongoing cost of operation can be an important deciding factor in choosing a new air conditioner. A higher initial investment for a high-efficiency AC will reduce operational costs in the future. Some of these costs can be offset with rebates and tax credits.
- Code Requirements
- Permits are required for most projects. Check to make sure your contractor is licensed and insured in your jurisdiction & pulls permits for every installation where required. This ensures proper installation and your safety by installing to local code specifications and standards that are signed off by a local inspector.
- Which Company you choose to install your AC has a big impact on the efficiency and life of the system. You want to hire technicians that are NATE trained and certified and receive ongoing training to keep up with the latest trends and technology. Make sure that whoever comes to your home is also background checked and screened for your family’s safety and peace of mind.